I, Ms Maria de Bono Agius, understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.eyemedics.mt (”My Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Me
My Site is owned by Ms Maria de Bono Agius.
- What Does This Policy Cover
- What is Personal Data
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about my collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if I am relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data (for example, your consent for email communications), you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract (provision of services), and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 2.
- What Data is collected via website
- Name and Surname;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Mobile telephone number;
- Clinic selected
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Your activity on My Site, including the pages being visited and duration of your visit;
- How Do I Use Your Personal Data
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using your personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract for provision of services that are relevant to you, or because you have consented to my use of your personal data. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying with my services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by sending an email to [email protected]).
- Analysing your use of My Site and gathering feedback to enable me to continually improve My Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message with information, news, and offers on my services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will I Keep your Personal Data
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- Where do I Store or Transfer your Data
I will only store or transfer your personal data within the UK and European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to me, and to protect your data, I undertake appropriate security measures.
- Data Sharing
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can You Access Your Personal Data
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 12.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request.
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up banner requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of My Site may not function fully or as intended.
In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- How Can You Contact Me
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Ms Maria de Bono Agius).
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: +356 21498000.
Postal Address: Remedies Clinic, St Helen Buildings, Tumas Fenech Street, B’Kara.